TREK CODE: GH-006
Length : 14 days
Max. Altitude : 5106 m.
Type of Trek : Camping
Trek Grade : Medium / Hard
Commence : Dhunche
End : Melamchi Bazaar
Group size : 2+
Permit : Langtang N. Park (USD 15.00)
+ Shivapuri N. Park (USD 5.00)
This trek begins at Dhunche and ends at Melamchi Bazaar. We make our way following the Langtang River to the east until we reach to Kyanjing Gompa (3049m). Kyanjing Gompa is surrounded by Mt. Langtang Lirung (7245m) on the west, Yala peak on the north, Dorje Lakpa (6966m), Urkeinmang (6387m), Loenpo Gang (6979) and Kangchenpo on the northeast. There are a small Buddhist monastery and a cheese factory started in 1955 by the Swiss Association for Technical Assistance in Kyanjing Gompa. A spectacular view of Langtang Lirung can be achieved during the pass cross. The highest point of this trek is Ganja~La Pass (5106m). On the very pass of Ganja~La, the last few 100m trail is precarious so we use a rope for safety and the utmost care is necessary.
In Langtang, the people from Tibetan origin are living, but they introduce themselves as Tamang or Gurung. Leaving the Ganja~La Pass, the trail takes you to Melamchigaon and Tarkeghyang. We meet Sherpa people here but they have got a different relationship with those of people from Solu Khumbu. The dialects spoken are also different but they also follow the Buddhist religion so we find many old Buddhist monasteries in the villages. Along the way, we meet another Sherpa town called Tarkeghyang, which bears its own story. Tarkeghyang means “100 horses” & was taken from the name of a temple established in 1727 by a Lama (Buddhist monk) who was called on by the king of Kathmandu (Kantipur) to stop an epidemic. The Lama asked for 100 horses, which he brought here, as a reward. The local temple that was rebuilt in 1969 is designed in the Bhutanese style.
Day 01: Kathmandu to Dhunche: Drive by bus/jeep.
Day 02: Dhunche to Syabru Village: Trek.
Day 03: Syabru Village to Lama Hotel: Trek.
Day 04: Lama Hotel to Langtang: Trek.
Day 05: Langtang to Kyanjing Gompa: Trek.
Day 06 – 07: Rest days in Kyanjing Gompa valley (hike to Kyanjing~Ri, Tserko~Ri (5033m): Acclimatization and excursion.
Day 08: Kyanjing Gompa to Ngegang: Trek.
Day 09: Ngegang to Ganja~La Pass (5106m) to Keldang: Trek.
Day 10: Keldang to Dukpu: Trek.
Day 11: Dukpu to Tarkeghyang: Trek.
Day 12: Tarkeghyang to Sermathang: Trek.
Day 13: Sermathang to Melamchi Bazzar: Trek.
Day 14: Melamchi Bazzar to Kathmandu: Drive by bus/jeep.
We need the number of persons in your group to declare the price, the category of hotel, the types of transportation (by plane or by bus or by jeep etc) & any alternation in your itinerary. Please contact us with these important details.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus.
- Standard accommodation at hotel in Kathmandu breakfast included..
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private car / van / bus.
- All your standard Meals during the trek.
- Best available Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek.
- Local licensed English and other native language speaking Guide.
- The required number of local staff and Porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipments, medicine for all trekking staffs.
- Conservation areas, national parks permits and TIMS.
- All our government taxes.
Cost not Includes
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Your travel insurance.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, laundry.
- Personal trekking Equipments.
- Tips for trekking staff–Tipping are expected.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section