Day 01: Kathmandu to Nyalam:
Early morning drive to Kodari (Nepal-Tibet border). If weather permits, there will be fine views of Langtang, Gauri Shankar, Melungtse and Khumbu Himal ranges. Depending on the road situation, we walk or drive up to Zhang Mu where we clear Chinese Immigration. After completing immigration formalities we continue our journey through a beautiful gorge to Nyalam by crossing the Himalayan range.
Day 02: Nyalam to Lhatse
Our first stop on the Tibetan plateau will be on the 5200m high Lalung La pass where we have a breathtaking views of the Himalayan range and Chisabangma, the highest peak in Tibet. While having lunch at Lao Tingri the peaks of Mt. Everest (‘Qomolongma’ in Tibetan language) and Cho Oyu can be seen. This day our journey is long but spectacular.
Day 03: Lhatse to Shigatse
A four hour drive brings you to Tibet’s second largest city, Shigatse. Here we visit Tashilumpo monastery, the seat of the Panchen Lama, which is one of the most important monasteries in Tibet.
Day 04: Shigatse to Gyantse(3,900m) – 90km:
Morning sightseeing is organized to the Panchen Lama’s Tashilhumpu monastery. Drive to Gyantse and visit the Kumbum Stupa & Phalkor monasteries. Ovenight stay at hotel.
Day 05: Gyantse to Lhasa(3,650m) – 261km:
After a full day picturesque drive we cross over Karola (5,010m) with a beautiful glacier, colorful Yamdrok Lake and the Tibetan lifeline river Bramaputra (Yarlung Tsangpo). Overnight stay in hotel.
Days 06-7: Sightseeing in Lhasa:
Two full-days sightseeing tour in Lasha, including Jokhang temple, Barkhor Bazaar, Potala palace Drepung and Sera monasteries. Overnight stay in hotel.
Day 08: Fly Lhasa to Kathmandu:
Get up early for our transfer to Gonggar Airport to catch the flight back to Kathmandu. This flight is one of the most spectacular in the world with aerial views of the Himalayan range including Mt. Everest.
TOUR INCLUDES: All land transportation, twin sharing accommodation with en-suite bathroom, sightseeing with local English speaking guide, entrance fees, transfers to and from airport, all necessary permits and flight tickets.
TOUR EXCLUDES: Airport tax at Kathmandu and Lhasa airport, personal expenses, insurance, Nepal re-entry visa, China visa fee (or ‘visa urgent’ fee) and all meals.
Cost of the tour US$- per person
Flight of the cost US$- per person (one way)
Please note that our agency is not responsible for additional costs incurred due to landslide, road blockage or other weather-related problems.
We need the number of persons in your group to declare the price, the category of hotel, the types of transportation (by plane or by bus or by jeep etc) & any alternation in your itinerary. Please contact us with these important details.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus.
- Standard accommodation at hotel in Kathmandu breakfast included..
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private car / van / bus.
- All your standard Meals during the trek.
- Best available Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek.
- Local licensed English and other native language speaking Guide.
- The required number of local staff and Porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipments, medicine for all trekking staffs.
- Conservation areas, national parks permits and TIMS.
- All our government taxes.
Cost not Includes
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Your travel insurance.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, laundry.
- Personal trekking Equipments.
- Tips for trekking staff–Tipping are expected.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section